Summer is bathing suit season, and a time to see your family and friends. Keep it healthy with this delicious appetizer for you and your guests to nosh on this summer.
1 Ripe Avocado
1 15 oz. can Black beans, season or plain
1 15 oz. can of Black-eyed peas, seasoned
¼ cup Cilantro
½ cup Green bell pepper
3 Green onions
10 Jalapeno pepper, jarred slices
¾ cup Sweet corn, frozen
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp White wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1 bag Tortilla chips
- Drain black eyed peas and black beans and add to your serving bowl.
- Chop the cilantro, green bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, jarred jalapeno slices, and place them in the serving bowl with your black eyed peas and black beans.
- Add the corn to the mixture.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, juice from half a lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to your mixture and gently fold together.
- Hold off on dicing the avocado and adding to the mixture until right before you are ready to serve. Until your guests arrive, you can keep Cowboy Caviar in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
- Don’t forget your tortilla chips when your guests are ready to eat this delicious dish.